[nvda] Re: English voices for the festivle synthe.

Hello.
If you are using Festival synthDriver, your NVDA\synthdrivers directory contains a directory called festival. Look inside the archives containing the dictionary and the voices. You need to unpack them twice, because they contain *.tar files that should also be unpacked. Each of these tar archives contains a directory called festival, its contents should be copied into NVDA\synthdrivers\festival. After that restart NVDA. You will find two additional voices in the list of voices for Festival.

Olga

On 06.02.2009 16:00, Kevin Cussick wrote:
Hi,

Sorry for being a bit thick.

I have got the dic file extracted it to nvda synth drivers folder using
7zip. I now don't know how to proceide from here can someone gibve me
full proof instructions from start to finish on how to get the 2 voices
working? with thanks.
Kevin Cussick.

On 06/02/2009 09:04, Olga wrote:
Hello.

Can anyone give me a direct download for some nice UK voices for the
festival synth?

I know only two voices for British English. Neither of them is nice,
although one of the voices is better then the other. First you should
download and unpack into NVDA\synthdrivers the dictionary for British
English:
http://festvox.org/packed/festival/latest/festlex_OALD.tar.gz
The links to download the voices:
http://festvox.org/packed/festival/1.95/festvox_rablpc16k.tar.gz
http://festvox.org/packed/festival/1.95/festvox_don.tar.gz

Olga
Thank you for your continued support of Nonvisual Desktop Access, an
open source free screen reader for Microsoft Windows: