[nvda] Re: Double running of nvda

I didn't know whether to report this, but, on some occasions, I get double speech using NVDA 2009.1 Beta 1 inside a Windows XP virtual machine. It happens when NVDA loads to announce the shutting down process, for example, and not during a current Windows session or before I log in. Just thought I'd report this thanks to Bryan.

From: " brian gafff (Line One)" <bgaff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2009 4:49 PM
To: "nvda mailing list" <nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [nvda] Double running of nvda

Having noticed this occur today on a machine with a very recent snap, I wondered if it might be possible to use the log file to detect the second copy. IE I do not know much about the way Windows does things, but if the file for the log was opened exclusive read/write by the first copy, then when the second one tried to do anything it ought to give some kind oferror. At the moment, only one of the copies to be writing to it, but the second copy must still be running as the station announcer effect is quite obvious, and when you do the command to shut it down, you get two falling tones as one would expect.

I'm not talking about the way the service speaks at shut down, that is a separate issue.

Brian
Brian Gaff bglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx If you need to email me please send it to
briang1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Making sure the name 'Brian Gaff' is in the display name field.
Failure to do this may result in delays or message loss.

Some sacrifices are a fact of life in our junk mail  riddled world!