[nvda] Re: Defaults survey

In the snapshot its says edit when you are in the edit box and depending which setting you have it on is wheather you can type straight away or have to open it when you then arrow up say to user name its says it but not browse mode. the sound thingys are good though as well dpends what you like your settings as

gene

On 24/02/2009 9:25 a.m., Martina Letochová wrote:
Actually it's not totally gone in the snapshots; you can get the speech back by unchecking the checkbox "audio indication of focus and browse modes" in preferences/virtual buffers. I personally prefer the sounds; that makes up for the verbosity.
Martina

*From:* Kennydog <mailto:hurrikenny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Sent:* Monday, February 23, 2009 9:11 PM
*To:* nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Subject:* [nvda] Re: Defaults survey

As a user of NVDA in the P3 release where it says browse mode and edit mode I like that part it tells me if I can type in stuff in edit mode or use quick nave keys in browse mode but noticed in the snapshots its gone. I think that part should be left in for new people so you know where you are on the page or form rather than listen for noises. For the tables part it only really says it in internet explorder and not in firefox. I do like knowing when say I am doing internet banking I am in a table it doesn't have to say cell what is in the cell is said but i do like knowing how big it is in that case. eg 5 collums 5 rows so it gives me a better idea if i am still in it or saying table start or end. best bet to find out is ay stick a blind fold on a sight user and see where he is without help of some of those things mentioned. the way i look at stuff is we are lucky these guys a doing a orsom job for us. I am open for feed back if stuff like this way put forwards

gene

On 24/02/2009 7:43 a.m., Brian Gaff wrote:
I just wondered if it might be time to poll a few folk and find out about what the best defaults might be. The two things that worry me a little in their current state are the focus bleeps vs focus and browse mode, which I'd have thought was better defaulted to words for those just starting out, and the cell row stuff, which I'm in two minds about, so I'll not say what I think, but as more adjustable bits come along, it might be that your average starter outer might find some things better a different way straight out of the box so to speak.
Brian

This account only receives email from the list. Please direct any personal email to
briang1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Replies to this address vanish into a hole....
Unless Brian Gaff is in the To line display name field.

07:17:00

07:17:00