From: Kennydog
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 9:11 PM
To: nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [nvda] Re: Defaults survey

As a user of NVDA in the P3 release where it says browse mode and edit mode I
like that part it tells me if I can type in stuff in edit mode or use quick
nave keys in browse mode but noticed in the snapshots its gone.  I think that
part should be left in for new people so you know where you are on the page or
form rather than listen for noises.
For the tables part it only really says it in internet explorder and not in
firefox.  I do like knowing when say I am doing internet banking I am in a
table it doesn't have to say cell what is in the cell is said but i do like
knowing how big it is in that case.  eg 5 collums 5 rows so it gives me a
better idea if i am still in it or saying table start or end.  best bet to find
out is ay stick a blind fold on a sight user and see where he is without help
of some of those things mentioned.  the way i look at stuff is we are lucky
these guys a doing a orsom job for us.  I am open for feed back if stuff like
this way put forwards

gene

On 24/02/2009 7:43 a.m., Brian Gaff wrote:
  I just wondered if it might be time to poll a few folk and find out about
what the best defaults might be.
  The two things that worry me a little in their current state are the focus
bleeps vs focus and browse mode, which I'd have thought was better defaulted to
words for those just starting out, and the cell row stuff, which I'm in two
minds about, so I'll not say what I think, but as more adjustable bits come
along, it might be  that your average starter outer might find some things
better a different way straight out of the box so to speak.
  Brian

  This account only receives email from the list. Please direct any personal
email to
  briang1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Replies to this address vanish into a hole....
  Unless Brian Gaff is in the To line display name field.

07:17:00