[nvda] Re: Chrome etc

I have also been using NVDA with Firefox 4 for quite some time too. There are some things that are different from FF3 but accessibility on it seems to be ok with NVDA for the most part.

On 3/22/2011 11:37 AM, Kevan P. wrote:
Does NVDA work with FireFox 4?

On 3/22/11, John Greer<jpgreer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Actually you can do so with the following:
To add a bookmark, press control+D
It pops up a dialog asking you to name it etc.
You should be able to tab through the controls in this dialog and add a
bookmark just fine. Once you have some bookmarks added, bring up the
bookmarks bar.
To bring up the bookmark bar, press control+shift+B
When you have the bookmark bar active, you can press alt+shift+B and it
will put focus in the bookmark bar. If you tab around there, you should
see the bookmarks you have saved. Choose the bookmark you want and press
enter. The only issue I see is there is no audio feedback to tell you if
the bookmark bar is opened or closed. It would be nice to see if NVDA
can say something like bookmark bar opened, bookmark bar closed or
something like that. However you can still tell if the bookmark bar is
open or not by pressing alt+shift+B, and if nothing happens such as it
focusing on a bookmark, then it is obviously closed.
On 3/22/2011 6:16 AM, Kevin Cussick wrote:
The biggest problem for me was that it wasn't all that accessible to
get your favorites.

On 21/03/2011 18:52, Kennydog wrote:
Hi there

Nvda only has initial support for google chrome. You needed to download
a copy of it I think it ws called the developers copy.
Last time I tried it I could jump around by headings etc but needed work
on edit fields etc. Not sure it that is work to be done by chrome or the
nvda developers. But they will get there. Your old version of jaws
probably will ot work with chrome no support.
Nvda will work with internet explorer, mozilla firefox, sea monkey and
flock. There may be more, but not sure. Full support for chrome will get
there sooner or later.

Gene nz

On 22/03/2011 2:43 a.m., Mario Mannea wrote:
Hi All

I recently downloaded Chrome because, well, I had to.
I'm using a very old version of jaws i.e 5.3 which in turn, forces
me to
use an outdated version of i e il.e 6.1.
This version of jaws does not work well with Chrome.
I've yet to download nvda, since I'm waiting to put together a new
desktop for that purpose.
It would be useful to know how nvda works with Chrome.
By the way, I assume we're talking about google, chrome.

Mario