[nvda] Re: Braille Support?

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 13:44:08 +1000

Rui Batista wrote:
Did you compile brltty under cygwin or pure windows?..I've tried to use mingw but no luck lol.
I didn't compile BRLTTY myself. It was kindly compiled by Samuel Thibault, who was either heavily involved with or entirely responsible for the port of BRLTTY to Windows. I think he used mingw or perhaps Cygwin+mingw. The link he posted seems to be dead now. Note that you need BRLTTY 3.8 or later to get it to compile under Windows.

Samuel: brl.thefreecat.org doesn't seem to exist anymore. Is there another site from which Windows builds of BRLTTY can be downloaded? Alternatively, can I upload your last build somewhere for others to grab?

James Teh
Email: jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx
WWW: http://www.jantrid.net/
MSN Messenger: jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx