[nvda] Another Synthesiser

Hi Mick and all,

Here in Brazil, there is a project developed at the University of Rio de
Janeiro called Dosvox. It's a kind of "audio desktop", a set of spoken
utilities for blind people which is used mainly at schools to help on
children education. Dosvox relies on pre-recorded messages and on a
small synthesiser developed at that University which speaks in Brazilian
Portuguese only.

Its technique is relatively rough, sample-based, but it was the first
synthesiser in Brazilian Portuguese, so there are many blind people in
Brazil who accustomed to its voice.

Unfortunately, this synthesiser doesn't have its own APPI, since it's
part of the Dosvox desktop, but I contacted the coordinator of the
Dosvox project and he agreed to make an experimental APPI for us to try
to write a drive for NVDA.

I'm gonna meet him within some weeks, and will report any news to this
list.

Although the Dosvox home page is written in Brazilian Portuguese only,
feel free to visit it at:
http://intervox.nce.ufrj.br/dosvox

Cheers,
Cleverson