[nvda] Re: A note to new users

Hi, well assuming you are using an installed version, then look here.

C:\Program Files\NVDA\synthDrivers\espeak-data\voices\!v

You will find in there all the varients. One is probably called Tweaky. this has some comments in it as to what you can alter simply to change a voice. These are standard plain text files with no extension, so when you try to open them, they will prompt you to select a program. use Notepad. Of course it will be saved with a txt extension when you have finished playing about with it, so rename it omitting the extension, then reboot nvda again and select it in the voices dialogue. In fact I found it easier to use a portable version for this as that way I knew I was not upsetting my main version. Note also that on the espeak website there are a lot more details on what can be altered for varients.

Probably a nice thing to play about with on a wet afternoon!
Here is what quincy contains as an indication.

language variant
name Quincy

pitch  67 100

formant 0 85 108 106 3