Re: [nvda-translations] Small problem in nvda.po files

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:21:02 +0000

correction:
On Tue 10/01/12,09:39, Mesar Hameed wrote:
> > Any chance of running dos2unix over all .py files before you call
> > xgettext? This would have to be done in a temporary tree, of course.
>
> Yes I considered doing that, but it does break the po file.
>
> > Unless I'm missing something, this shouldn't break anything in terms
> > of the resultant .po file.

Ignore previous attached patch and comment.

If we went with the temporary tree, The following would have to be done.
* use python tools reindent to swap tabs for spaces (avoids the original
problem that caused this discussion)
* convert *.py to unix files.
* run xgettext

I would still vote for doing the extraction serverside.

Thanks.