[nvda-addons] Re: readFeeds and teamViewer add-ons

  • From: Noelia <nrm1977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2016 12:48:37 +0100

Hi Bernd, thank you.

We need data that can identify the objects, for instance the windowControlID or windowClassName.

Also, if the label could be set based on the relationship between object, for instance:

label of object a = obj a.parent.next (.name).

Anyway, if someone want to mantain the add-on, perhaps it will better, since I don't use this program and maybe it's updated and so the add-on should change.

Kind regards.

El 03/12/2016 a las 11:57, Bernd Dorer escribió:

Hi Noelia,

I could help you updating Teamviewer lables. If you are interested, please tell me what data you need. I'm familiar with object navigation and log viewer but I'm not a developer.

best regards
Bernd

Am 03.12.2016 um 08:38 schrieb Noelia:
Hi, these two add-ons allow to use NVDA as a feed reader from anywhere, and label or focus some objects of TeamViewer (and copy to the clipboard the ID and password to share them quickly).
I wanted readFeeds when I followed someone on Twitter and want to read quickly the information. TeamViewer was used in my job to operate as fast as possible when required, so they are add-on with a real usage for me.
About readFeeds, I'm thinking on create a dialog similar to the profiles dialog using guiHelper, as NVDA's file dialogs can produce issues when a settings dialog is opened. This would mean that feeds would be saved in the personalFeeds folder of the add-on, not in other folders. Feed-back is always welcome.
About TeamViewer, I removed it from stable add-ons since I needed visual feed-back to label other buttons, and never came; after that a reviewer toke care on it when other add-ons should be released.
The fact is that we don't use TeamViewer now for my Job (we use just Google Hangouts to receive sounds and share the screen), so I'm not informed about TeamViewer updates.
Therefore, it will be great if some mantainer could take care about the add-on.
Many thanks to Mesar, the other author of these two add-ons, for his great work.
Thanks.