[nswnra] Re: Rugby

  • From: "Corona Australis" <corona_australis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 20:15:43 +1000

I think the Wallabies will take heart and play with heart this weekend. It's

hard to play the Boks on their soil and they have been through the baptism

of fire. This weekend I think they will post a win.

As for smoke I can see what you meant, I was over in Lismore this afternoon

and farmers are burning off paddocks. When we came back to Mallanganee

we hit some heavy smoke just as you come up over Richmond Range and

down into Mallanganee. There must be a bushfire to our west there is a heap

of smoke about.

I hope it settle down soon. Got my youngest here for a week tomorrow so

I guess I won't be seeing too much scope time until next week maybe.

Andrew, you still up for Leyburn on the weekend of the 10th & 11th September?

weather permitting.

Cheers,CS

Rob

From: corona_australis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [nswnra] Rugby
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 15:59:39 +1000

Quite a game! between the Wallabies and the Spring Boks. It was raining

points in the first 17 minutes. Unfortunately for the Wallabies they seem

to slack off and let the Spring boks bounce right back at them. The first

try by the boks was against some very sloppy defence. I think that boy

past about 5-6 Wallabies on the way to the line. Mitchell's first try attempt

was ruled a no try, I think he was unlucky there, must have been judged a

double movement. It's been 47 years since the Wallabies have beaten the

Boks at altitude and the Mandela Plate is still up for grabs. They have a

chance to redeem themselves next weekend and will be back down at

sea level. The Wallabies did what the Spring Boks did against the All Blacks

last weekend and fall apart in the last 15 minutes.

Boks 44 to Wallabies 31

Cheers,CS

Rob