[nswnra] Re: Re Bino Mount

  • From: Paul McGuiness <argonavis9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 07:14:43 +1000

Hi Rob,

I didn't bring the binos on that trip and cursed myself
for a nitwit when I saw the skies. Not much hope of seeing that
object from home I'm afraid. The globular is something
that I'll have to look for though. I almost dragged the scope
out too, but our yard is also a tad damp. The focusser is
also a bit rough after I bumped it on the door frame.
I think the shaft is a bit bent. Will have to pull it apart
and try to straighten it.

Cheers, Paul.

From: corona_australis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [nswnra] Re: Re Bino Mount
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 06:58:12 +1000

Sound like it could be the Dark Doodad Paul. There is a nice Glob near the
southern end of it, did you see that too? The Dark Doodad is a nice object in
bino’s too since it is so large. Great skies last night got home a bit late to
setup, beside my yard is a one stop from being a swamp so don’t really want my
scope sitting in it.  The boy’s and I were over in Lismore watching the off
road RC racing yesterday. Quite a few people there. Some came from Brisbane and
as far south as Coffs.  Cheers,CSRob   From: nswnra-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 19:02:42 +1000great pics paul   where you looking at the
dark doodad in musca  ? From: judith stella Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:38
PMTo: nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [nswnra] Re: Re Bino Mount Paul thanks for
all that info. Seems like you're a bit of an expert on good 'off the beaten
track' camping spots! I will be sure to consult you next time I want to go
camping. Judith From: nswnra-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx