[nswnra] Re: OBSERVATIONS 27-10-2010 - ERIDANUS

  • From: Paul McGuiness <prepress@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 10:59:21 +1100

Thanks Glen and Rob,

I think the relatively high surface brightness of the galaxy cores,
plus the use of the 12mm EP helped make them visible. The fainter
bits were only visible averted. Lots to see in Eri/Fornax.
Transparency must have been good because I saw that
faint ghost ring thingy in Grus. Argo took me right to it,
the UHC filter helped, but is still twice as faint as at Glen's.

There's been some good advice on IIS from Les D, astroron as the
others, as well as Gary. Auto-adjust on is one thing that will help,
plus aligning on 1 star and Jupiter also - guide stars are few
and far between from my location.

Good luck with the wheelbarrow handles,
I've already barked my shins on mine.
Might have to find some fluorescent labels
so I see the damn things in the dark.

Cheers, Paul.

On 29/10/2010, at 10:44 AM, Corona Australis wrote:

Second that! some interest and challenging objects there Paul. The Argo does take a little getting used to but it won’t take long before you’ll be an expert. I have the boy’s this weekend but I do intend on having some scope time this weekend if the opportunity arises. I want to at least try out my
new wheel burrow handles lol

Cheers,CS

Rob