[nswnra] Helix Nebula

  • From: "Corona Australis" <corona_australis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 06:44:46 +1000

A few days ago I setup my EQ5 mount to do some solar observing and was

surprise I got the alignment spot on, tracking the sun all day without
adjustment.

So that night I thought I might throw the camera on it and try a bit of
imagining.

But by evening it started raining so the mount got covered and sat there for a

few days. Last night it amazingly cleared up beautifully but then the dang

neighbour (not Vince) lit a fire to burn off some rubbish after dark sending

smoke right across my yard Grrrrr!!!! which eventually died down later.

Anyways I managed my first ever DSO image, a series of 10 x 2 minute exposures

of the Helix. Not the greatest but I was pretty happy how it turned out. Took a

bunch of SMC but once I got them on the lappy the focus was out.

hope you all are keeping dry.

Cheers,CS

Rob