[nswnra] Re: Elections and Rugby

  • From: "Corona Australis" <corona_australis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 09:13:53 +1000

I think if Federal Labor keeps carrying on the way it is. It will find itself

retired to a position where it will never gain enough votes to form

government and will need the Greens to form a coalition to gain

governance. Considering the Green vote goes up via disgruntled

ALP supporters.

Cheers,CS

Rob

From: corona_australis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 08:28:07 +1000

Well it looks like Parliament is hung, your worst fears Paul I think

there will be a bit of haggling through the week. Luckily for Gillard

most of the independents are ex National so the NBN which they

seem to like might work in her favour. I guess time will tell. I missed

the end, just got to tired waiting for the Rugby. Abbott seemed like

he was claiming victory by a small margin.

Anyways I woke about 3:30 with Tri Nation Rugby on my mind. So I

got up to watch the recording. And I can tell you seeing a couple

of the Spring Boks smiling and making jokes during the Haka I knew

they would lose. It was an exceptionally tough game and it looked

like the boks were going to win with the All Blacks keep pace and

receive a Tri Nation Cup winning bonus point. But the boks ran out

of steam in the final 10 minutes and the mighty All Blacks slammed

home a couple of tries. It was one of the toughest game of Rugby

I have seen in a long while, I wouldn't be surprised if the Wallabies

put in a similar effort back in Sydney 11th September. The two boks

v Wallabies matches in South Africa seem a little meaningless now.

They're more likely want to redeem themselves against the cup winners.

So Paul, unfortunate on both fronts. But I am over joyed we have the

Tri Nation back for the 10th time.

Anyone know how many Green got up in the senate?

Cheers,CS bring on the new moon!!!!!!

Rob