[nswnra] Re: Comet Lovejoy

  • From: "Corona Australis" <corona_australis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 05:21:13 +1100

finally got to see it, took a few snaps nothing really spectacular. But
naked

eye was excellent. Beautiful and clear up on the Plateau this morning.

I'll try and post a photo later after I try and clean them up a little.

Rob

From: Glen Cozens <cozens3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 11:51:00 +1100

To: <nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Saw the comet this morning from Gibralter Rd. Clifton about 35 km west of
Tenterfield with 12x60 binocs.
The naked eye tail was 28 degrees long. AMAZING! The comet was brighter than
the Norma star cloud.
Lovejoy will be in front of the Milky Way tomorrrow.

Also saw LJ yesterday from Tenterfiel airport but the head was lost in the
haze and light pollution above Tenterfield.

Used the 16" last night, great views. NGC 1365 was a easy Z shape and I keep
seeing galaxies I have never seen before.
Glen