[norcal-hug] Re: Oct 7th get together location

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: norcal-hug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 19:49:17 -0700

Urias McCullough wrote:
On 9/28/07, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So probably a south-bay location would be preferred.
I wonder if the Mountain View library might have a meeting room we
could use, but are they even open on sunday?
If we want to capture any audience beyond ourselves, we need to decide
on the place and time soon and put out an announcement.

The Haiku mentors are staying at the Wild Palms Hotel:

http://www.jdvhotels.com/wild_palms/?cid=gl_wld

I just called them and they said they have a couple of areas (one were
breakfast is served and one outside by the pool) where we are welcome to
hang out. There is wireless available in both places.

Since we are running against the clock, I think this is a realistic
choice. So, how about we go with something like this?

Place: Wild Palms Hotel, Sunnyvale
Meeting: 12:00AM - 5:00PM
Social event: Dinner after meeting

Thoughts?

I'm not picky :)

Shall I bring a 'wireless<->wired' laptop/router setup again? Not sure
how useful it would be this time.

You should! :)

I need to get another Linksys WRT54G router and hack the firmware to
provide this feature without dragging along another laptop each time
:P

Actually, I bought a Wireless-G to ethernet adaptor that is supposed to do exactly that. However, I don't have wireless at home, so I have not been able to try it. I will bring it with me anyway. Who knows... If Travis comes with his MAC laptop, maybe we can do another live webcast. :)

Cheers,

Koki