[norcal-hug] Re: Oct 7th get together location

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: norcal-hug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:32:21 -0700

scott mc wrote:
Any word on where the October 7th get together is going to take place?

Was hoping someone would ask. :)

 The three Haiku devs who are flying in will be meeting at Google on
the 6th correct?

Yes.

So probably a south-bay location would be preferred.
I wonder if the Mountain View library might have a meeting room we
could use, but are they even open on sunday?

If we want to capture any audience beyond ourselves, we need to decide on the place and time soon and put out an announcement.

The Haiku mentors are staying at the Wild Palms Hotel:

http://www.jdvhotels.com/wild_palms/?cid=gl_wld

I just called them and they said they have a couple of areas (one were breakfast is served and one outside by the pool) where we are welcome to hang out. There is wireless available in both places.

Since we are running against the clock, I think this is a realistic choice. So, how about we go with something like this?

Place: Wild Palms Hotel, Sunnyvale
Meeting: 12:00AM - 5:00PM
Social event: Dinner after meeting

Thoughts?