[norcal-hug] NORCAL-HUG website temporary move

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (aka Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: norcal-hug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 22:17:35 -0700

Howdy,

As (most of) you guys know, the provider who offered us free hosting
hosting for the NORCAL-HUG website last year pulled the plug on us
recently. I have temporarily migrated the site to my own domain and have
setup a forward to this address:

http://www.myhaiku.org/norcal-hug/

Recently, I have been looking into a the possibility of creating a
portal to consolidate HUG websites under a single roof. This could
obviously become the new home for NORCAL-HUG, except that it may take
some time before it materializes.

So we can either keep the site where it is now (which I don't mind), or
we can look for a place where we can fully host the domain (at a cost).
If we go for the latter, I am holding the domain with Godaddy, so maybe
we could go with their economy hosting plan (approx. $4/mo for 12
months); the specs (10GB space, 300GB transfer, 100 email accounts, and
10 MySQL databases) are more than enough for our modest requirements.

So, what do you guys think?

Cheers,

Koki