[norcal-hug] NORCAL-HUG website and logo

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: norcal-hug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 08:02:23 -0800

Howdy,

I noticed that the logo of the website has been changed. I assume to
this change was done in order to comply with the Haiku trademark policy,
which is fine. However, the new logo is misleading, because it shows as
if the name of the user group were HAIKU NORCAL, which it is not; I am
of course assuming that the name has not been changed, based on the fact
that there has been no communication whatsoever on such a change.
Correct me if I am wrong.

In light of this, I have a proposal: I have been wanting to upgrade the
Drupal system of the website to version 6 since quite a while, so I
thought I could do the upgrade now and I could at the same time create a
logo that faithfully portrays the naming of our user group.

BTW, I blocked several user accounts that were created a long time ago
but were never activated (assuming they were spam accounts).

Cheers,

Jorge aka Koki