[norcal-hug] Re: Haiku invited to the first LugRadio Live USA

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: norcal-hug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 23:28:04 -0800

Hi William,

William Tracy wrote:
On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 8:12 PM, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)
<koki@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Change of plans. I have decided to go ahead and have a Haiku booth at
 LugRadio in San Francisco, so have accepted their invitation.

Cool. I don't know yet if I'm going to be available then (ask me again
in another three weeks or so).

Question: If I can make it, would I honestly be any help at the booth?

Yes, of course! :)

We can always use an extra pair of hands for the booth installation and dismantle. Not that it is very labor intensive, but we will have to move boxes between the car and the exhibit floor.

Additionally, being that you have done reading about the API and programming, you would be a good complement, as at least myself I am not a developer and can only talk for the most part about the user side of things. And the audience will be most likely very geeky, so I would not be surprised if you are better qualified to talk to booth visitors than at least myself. :)

Anyway, don't worry if you think you don't know a lot about evangelizing Haiku yet. These conferences are always fun, and I am sure we can have a good time handing out together.

Cheers,

Koki