[norcal-hug] Re: Haiku invited to the first LugRadio Live USA

  • From: "William Tracy" <afishionado@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: norcal-hug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 20:17:54 -0800

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 8:12 PM, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)
<koki@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  Change of plans. I have decided to go ahead and have a Haiku booth at
>  LugRadio in San Francisco, so have accepted their invitation.

Cool. I don't know yet if I'm going to be available then (ask me again
in another three weeks or so).

Question: If I can make it, would I honestly be any help at the booth?

I never even knew about BeOS until long after it "died". I've gotten
Haiku up and running under VMware a couple times, but never really
learned my way around beyond launching all the pretty demos. :-) I
never even got as far as getting a web browser working.

In fact, I'm not really interested in using Haiku myself--I find it
interesting as a target platform for writing software. (I have written
the only Foozit Converter Application that runs on Haiku, so all Haiku
users that need a Foozit Converter Application must run mine! All bow
down and tremble before me!) So, most of the reading I've done about
Haiku has been about the architecture and APIs. I think I now know
more about programming Haiku than about how to use the darn thing. :-/

So basically, I'm going to be useless for evangelizing. I might be
helpful for moving tables, performing caffeine acquisition runs, that
sort of thing. :-)

William Tracy
afishionado@xxxxxxxxx -- wtracy@xxxxxxxxxxx

Assembly language experience is [important] for the maturity and
understanding of how computers work that it provides.
                -- D. Gries