[norcal-hug] HUG launch announcement timing, meeting frequency & venue

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 15:56:58 -0700

Howdy,

As we prepare to launch NORCAL-HUG, I am moving NORCAL-HUG related discussions to this list. I hope you don't mind.

We need to put a little thought about when to announce the HUG, and where to meet and how frequently.

I actually would not mind letting people know what we are doing and pointing them to this mailing list even at this stage. We may get more people onboard from an early stage, which could give us more options in terms of things like finding a meeting venue, etc. It may also help gather more folks for the Oct. 7 gathering.

On the topic of the meeting venue, Scott mentioned the O'Reilly campus, which is used by other user groups. Scott, do you know anyone who could help us pursue using this venue?

As for the frequency of the HUG meetings, I would suggest that we be modest and start meeting once a quarter. We can always increase the frequency later on if needed.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Koki