[norcal-hug] Re: GSoC Mentor Summit

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: norcal-hug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 12:51:24 -0700

2008/8/26 Jorge Mare <kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Howdy,
>
> Google has scheduled the GSoC 2008 Mentor Summit for Oct. 25 - 26 in
> Mountain View. Assuming that one or more Haiku mentors attend the
> summit, how about we organize some sort of Haiku-related get together
> or event?

I'm definitely game :)

> Since these are devs we are talking about, I was thinking maybe we
> could do something a bit more organized than just an informal get
> together like last year. Perhaps a hacking event, install fest or
> something along those lines.
>
> Any ideas?

Not offhand... I'll have to think about it a bit.

If we do something on the technical side, we can maybe drum up some
interest from local LUGs and universities to get some more
technical/developer types organized to attend and maybe learn
something about Haiku, development, etc. (and maybe even sign up for
GSoC next year!)