[norcal-hug] GSoC 2007 Haiku Mentor Appreciation Day

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 14:58:05 -0700

ANNOUNCEMENT: GSoC 2007 Haiku Mentor Appreciation Day

As some of you may already know, three Haiku mentors from the Google Summer of Code 2007 have been invited to attend the GSoC Mentor Summit to be held on October 6 at the Google Plex in Mountain View. The Haiku developers invited by Google are Stephan "Stippi" Assmus (app server, Haiku icons, etc.), Ryan Leavengood (currently porting the Webkit to Haiku) and Oliver Ruiz Dorantes (working on a Bluetooth stack for Haiku).

NORCAL-HUG wants to give a warm welcome to the Haiku mentors to the San Francisco Bay Area, and we are taking this opportunity to show our appreciation for their work during GSoC 2007 by organizing a "GSoC 2007 Haiku Mentor Appreciation Day" event on Sunday October 7.

This will be an informal gathering with an open agenda, but nevertheless a great opportunity to meet with three high-profile Haiku developers, discuss the present status and future of Haiku, and get to know each other. Some of us will bring our laptops to show off the latest builds of Haiku running our favorite applications too.

*** OVERVIEW ***

* Date: Sunday October 7
* Time: From 13:00 noon to 5:00PM
* Place: Wild Palms Hotel
 910 E Fremont Ave, Sunnyvale, CA)
 (408) 738-0500
* Guests of honor
   Stephan "Stippi" Assmus (app_server, Haiku icons, and a lot more)
   Oliver Ruiz Dorantes (Bluetooth stack)
   Ryan Leavengood (Webkit Haiku port)

*** ATTENDING THIS EVENT ***

If you are interested in the Haiku operating system and in becoming part of our friendly community, we would be very happy if you joined us. You can sign up online here:

http://norcal-hug.org/?q=event/special-event/gsoc-2007-haiku-mentor-appreciation-day

We look forward to seeing you. Let's have some fun together!

The NORCAL-HUG Team
www.norcal-hug.org