[nikonf4] Re: which one?

  • From: Eric Welch <ericwelch@xxxxxx>
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 19:04:32 -0700

On Nov 1, 2010, at 2:54 PM, Mark Stein wrote:
> Photo club contest tomorrow night... theme is "wheels".
>
> Do you like 1579 (horizontal) or 1497 (vertical).  Or
> neither.<DSS_1579.jpg><DSS_1497.jpg>

I like A better, but would want more depth and strength in the blacks. It's too
high-key for my taste. I like the color and contrast of B better.

B does have a nice "bike against the world" sort of feel to it, but the dodging
halos on the light poles and the bike are a bit too obvious. There's a
relatively easy way to avoid that problem in Photoshop.

Eric

"To take a photograph is to align the head, the eye and the heart. It's a way
of life." -Henri Cartier-Bresson