[nikonf4] Re: Thanksgiving Day, 2010

  • From: Dave <downsouthdave@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: f4@xxxxxxxxxxx, nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 09:05:03 -0800 (PST)

Here's wishing that things get back to more normal for you, Rita. Glad to hear
Bunky is making steps in his recovery. If they're baby steps that's OK too.
Thanks to your family, Thanksgiving was less bleak than it could have been at
such a time.

Our kids both had painful ear infections until our pediatrician friend came up
with a novel (to us) idea. He tested the gamma globulin levels when the
infections occurred and found them below minimums. He then medicated for low
GG,
and the pain and infections were gone within a day - every time, and with one
child there was no recurrence. All this was after several painful episodes, and
even a visit to Lendon Smith in Portland. He's a Little Baby Doctor who writes
books and has, IMHO, little to offer.

Ah, the VanHuss turkey was baked, albeit on a gas barbecue out on the patio. It
was a beautiful day, and we didn't have to contend with waste oil. The turkey
turned out better that [I] expected, and it was a most traditional meal,
without
Southern embellishments.