[nikonf4] Scanner Fluid Mounting

  • From: Koichi Mac <nikonf3tmd4@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Nikon F4@xxxxxxxxxxx" <f4@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Nikon F4 <nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 22:04:28 -0700

        I think I understand how the fluid mounting of negatives works.  I
think that this is one way to address / minimize the presence of glass plate
between the scanning material and the sensor which I find ingenious.  But I
have another question on the fluid mounting itself.

        Does it, in anyway, enhance the dust / scratch removal of the original?
 Specifically, does it alter or improve the capability of infrared channel in
reading dust particles which is used to deduct after reading the whole image?
This has been one sticky point for me because scanning negative is trickier
than scanning slides and it prompted me to change my plan to wait negatives and
B&Ws later - so that there might be new technology to do the scanning of these
medias more easily.  Have any input on that?

        Test sending this to F4@xxxxxxxxxxx too.

Koichi Yasutani - a.k.a. Steve + MP
Lakewood, WA U.S.A.
2010 / 11 / 1           22:03 PDT