[nikonf4] Re: SMC Takumar

  • From: Eric Welch <ericwelch@xxxxxx>
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 22:12:54 -0800

I don't doubt Nikon was using multi-coating. I'm betting the only thing Pentax
and Contax invented when it came to multicoating in the early 70s was the
marketing of the process to the general public.

On Nov 21, 2010, at 7:49 PM, Koichi Mac wrote:

>       Umm…that's the first time to hear something like that.  I remember as a
> fact that I began to see multi-coated normal Nikkors from 1973 or so,
> designated as "NC."  Or……did you make up this story again??       :->>
>

> Koichi Yasutani - a.k.a. Steve + MP
> Lakewood, WA U.S.A.
> 2010 / 11 / 21                19:49 PST
>
> On Nov 21, 2010, at 0758 , Dave wrote:
>
>> When Pentax announced and advertised the virtues of multicoating, Nikon
>> issued a statement saying they had been doing it for years, as it was
>> necessary for some complex lens formulations.

Eric

Somewhere in the world there is defeat for everyone. Some are destroyed by
defeat. And some made small and mean by victory. Greatness lives in one who
triumphs equally over defeat and victory. -John Steinbeck