[nikonf4] Re: Power Steering

  • From: Eric Welch <ericwelch@xxxxxx>
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 20:34:40 -0800

Highway robbery. Like Honda charging me $850 to change the timing belt, but an
independent Honda repair shop will do it for $247, or $450 with a balanced
shaft. (Whatever that is.)

On Nov 23, 2010, at 8:20 AM, Dave wrote:

> It's sad, but mechanics aren't mechanics any more; they're parts changers. PS
> is a good example of this. If the rack seals leak, the parts should cost
> about $15, and the labor could be an hour or two. Instead of pressing in new
> seals (because they don't know how) they replace the whole rack assembly.
>
> Yes, you can kill ants with a shotgun.

Eric

Somewhere in the world there is defeat for everyone. Some are destroyed by
defeat. And some made small and mean by victory. Greatness lives in one who
triumphs equally over defeat and victory. -John Steinbeck