[nikonf4] Photo contest: Contrasty Situations

  • From: Koichi Mac <nikonf3tmd4@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Nikon F4 <nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 00:47:39 -0800

        Okay, was thinking to upload some of these anyway.  This is one of
spectacular location with spectacular cloud formations.  It made me feel even
more spectacular because of the depth of shaded area (visible with naked eye)
with the outset of cumulonimbus cloud development.  Alas, the film can't
capture quite the detail in the shade like I saw with my eyes - always
rendering this type of images to convince people……….  Are they too bluish??

        The place is outlook location for cities of Lewistong, ID (left) and
Clarkston, WA (right), bisected by Snake River (Top and right) and Clearwater
River (left), overlooking south from point 2 on the map (inverted for easier
attribution).  I don't think I used polarizer on any of them, but the depth of
blue was quite noticeable.  I actually like them, but are they too bluish??

PNG image

image/jpg

image/jpg

image/jpg