[nikonf4] Re: One more reason to visit Philly...

  • From: Eric Welch <ericwelch@xxxxxx>
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 19:37:57 -0800

Good for them. I hope they do him justice. And that they mount some great
exhibits. I've yet to see many Strand photos in one place other than books. I
would love to see the negative that inspired Ansel Adams to give up the piano.

On Nov 18, 2010, at 6:12 AM, mjstein63@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Philly Art Museum (a wonder place to visit) is now looking to hold the
> largest collection of Paul Strand
> photos...http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/17/a-trove-of-paul-strand-photos-for-philadelphia-museum-of-art/

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof
against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man [person] in
everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to investigation. –
Herbert Spencer