[nikonf4] Re: Microsoft warns of zero-day attack affecting Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8

  • From: Mark Stein <mjstein63@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 11:23:45 -0400

Unfortunately IE6 refuses to die. MS won't EOL it. What's happening instead is developers just refuse to write for it. At work I managed to convince my boss, and the client that we shouldn't support it with the project we're doing.

At 06:01 PM 11/5/2010 -0700, you wrote:
On Nov 5, 2010, at 5:21 PM, Koichi Mac wrote:
I never got it. And I still have IE6 on my W2Ks, as this is the only option for W2K. But I use once a year or so now.

IE 6 was the low point. It was the reason so many web developers had to create separate web pages for IE users and another for non-IE users, if they bothered to do so.

"If we had time for more meetings, we would have made more mistakes." Leon Trotsky