[nikonf4] Mac Trouble

  • From: Dave <downsouthdave@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 20:25:28 -0800 (PST)

I was using my Macbook 13" laptop tonight when suddenly it froze in Safari and
the Force Quit didn't work. Neither did anything else. I held the power button
down, and it shut off.

Now when I try to turn it on, it starts to boot, chimes, and the little
thermometer comes up. It's the one that shows when you have a long startup
sequence to go through. Then the whole thing powers off instead of booting. If
hold down the power button until the long tone sounds, the same thing happens.
inserted my OS disk hoping to do a restore, and it just ate that; it won't
eject
no matter what, and there's no paper clip hole.

Power on, progress thermometer moves to about 5% then restarts a couple of
times, then it powers off. I powered up and connected my firewire backup HD but
it's no help.

This Macbook has been flawless since 12/06, and I just installed the latest big
OS and Safari updates last night. It worked perfectly all day, however.

Any ideas, gang?

Don't make me go to the Apple Store on Saturday!