[nikonf4] Re: It's starting....

  • From: Eric Welch <ericwelch@xxxxxx>
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 18:26:10 -0800

I have this.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-THX-Certified-Digital-Surround-Speaker/dp/B0002WPSBC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291083823&sr=8-1

Picked it up brand new from Craigslist for $250. Guy never opened the box after
buying it from Dell.

It's widely acknowledged as the best surround sound you can get for anything
less than three times the price. Two digital optical inputs, one coaxial input,
and standard audio input, plus the back speakers are wireless. It's a real
winner for the TV. I also used to have it hooked to my Mac Pro but not since I
moved into the house and I don't have any way to connect it from so far away.

On Nov 29, 2010, at 3:46 PM, John Osthus wrote:

> Yep.
>
> I have stereo in my “audio” room but life would not be as sweet without 5.1
> in the home theater room.
>
> Something like this would do the trick:
>
> http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/sr5005.html
>
> But it depends on a lot of factors.
>
> Sources
> Speakers
> Room setup (affects interconnects)
> Display

Eric

deserve neither liberty nor safety. – Benjamin Franklin