[nikonf4] Re: It's starting....

  • From: WiltW@xxxxxxx
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 18:36:50 EST

Time to upgrade that receiver Jay!  My 'old' Onkyo THX 5.1unit (from  about
15 years ago) had an issue (I can't remember what) so I upgraded myself to
another Onkyo THX 7.1 unit with HDMI and optical inputs, and it was a
fraction  of the cost of the old one!

--wilt

In a message dated 11/29/2010 2:54:11 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
JayPax@xxxxxxxx writes:

I have  AT&T U-verse.  The Panasonic set does have an optical  sound
output, but my Yamaha Receiver (which I bought in 1977, and which  is
still magnificent), has no optical input, same not even having  been
dreamed of in 1977, I am sure.

Is there such a thing as a  converter to convert optical input to analog?

Or am I a hopeless dweeb  for asking such a question?