[nikonf4] Re: D7000 images

  • From: Eric Welch <photoew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 19:17:35 -0700

On Oct 30, 2010, at 4:19 PM, Koichi Mac wrote:

>> EW: >Remember, these are jpeg originals. I can post one from RAW later.
>
>       Will look forward to them.  I imagine contrast remans the same on RAWs.
>  Forgot to mention some others.

Actually the contrast for the RAW file will be softer. Most cameras "improve"
jpegs by default. They don't just pump pictures out, they process them by
enhancing color and contrast to what the manufacturer thinks is good quality.

> Even though AFS are much quieter than shaft-driven AFs, mic picking up
> humming noise for video would be a problem, I'd have to say.  Maybe that's
> the arena they'll have to work on to address from now on.

That would be good. Wireless mics are expensive.

>       Although it probably won't be the major feature for the most, I love
> the idea!

I thought you would.

Eric

"To be is to do"--Socrates.