[nikonf4] Re: D7000 images

  • From: Koichi Mac <nikonf3tmd4@xxxxxxx>
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 16:19:28 -0700

> EW: >Remember, these are jpeg originals. I can post one from RAW later.

        Will look forward to them.  I imagine contrast remans the same on RAWs.
 Forgot to mention some others.

>>> EW: >The only thing that's not great so far is that when it focuses during
>>> video you can hear the lenses focusing. I don't even notice the noise from
>>> my AF-S lenses as I'm shooting, but it's there in the video sound track. So
>>> you really need an external mic to make audio work well apparently. Could
>>> this be a major reason other cameras don't have AF during video other than
>>> the D3100?

        Even though AFS are much quieter than shaft-driven AFs, mic picking up
humming noise for video would be a problem, I'd have to say.  Maybe that's the
arena they'll have to work on to address from now on.

>>> EW: >One thing Koichi would like is that you can set it so that with non-G
>>> lenses you set the aperture with the ring on the lens instead of with a
>>> command dial.

        Although it probably won't be the major feature for the most, I love
the idea!

Koichi Yasutani - a.k.a. Steve + MP
Lakewood, WA U.S.A.
2010 / 10 / 30          16:19 PDT