[nikonf4] Re: Color Correction Filters

  • From: Eric Welch <ericwelch@xxxxxx>
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 22:14:16 -0800

The higher you go, the more UV light there is in the picture. As you get lower,
the atmosphere filters out some of the UV light, so it becomes less of a
problem as you approach sea level.

On Nov 21, 2010, at 8:13 PM, Koichi Mac wrote:

>       To eliminate UV and color correct at high elevations?  I think that the
> blue cast is the synonym of being in high elevation, so I tend to still not
> to use UV filter.
>

> Koichi Yasutani - a.k.a. Steve + MP
> Lakewood, WA U.S.A.
> 2010 / 11 / 21                20:13 PST
>
> On Nov 21, 2010, at 0851 , Eric Welch wrote:
>
>> That was in the olden days. :-D
>>
>> Now lenses are so good at filtering UV automatically that you only need an
>> 81B for high up in the mountains. With digital, it's not needed any more in
>> any case.
>>
>> On Nov 21, 2010, at 8:02 AM, Dave wrote:
>>
>>> In CA, with all the UV, I put 81A on short lenses and 81B on long lenses
>>> shooting Kodachrome.

Eric

Communication without intelligence is just noise. Intelligence without
communication is irrelevant. - Uli's Moose