[nikonf4] Re: CV Joint

  • From: Koichi Mac <nikonf3tmd4@xxxxxxx>
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 00:03:55 -0800

        Yeees……I vaguely remember the debate over FWD and RWD decades ago.  The
achilles of FWD was the presence of CV joint which cannot take as much impact
as other members of front suspension can.  And the collective consensus was
that the CVJ still lasts about 200K miles which, to some, deem it to be the
weak link but considering the average life of car, it is not too bad.

        Thinking about ball joint…I don't think I ever had to replace any of
them in my 1977 Camaro which also racked up about 300K.

Koichi Yasutani - a.k.a. Steve + MP
Lakewood, WA U.S.A.
2010 / 11 / 21          00:04 PST