[nikonf4] Re: CV Joint

  • From: Mark Stein <mjstein63@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 12:18:22 -0500

Good thing he was talking about your car.

At 07:35 PM 11/20/2010 -0800, you wrote:
In my case, the mechanic said the ball joint broke.

Eric
Sent from my iPad

On Nov 20, 2010, at 6:30 PM, Dave <<mailto:downsouthdave@xxxxxxxxx>downsouthdave@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's not clear to me whether it's the ball joint or the CV joint; impact with a curb can damage either or both. The ball joint isn't connected directly to the rotating mass however- the CV joint is.

CVJ should go 200K, but some don't. I'd rather have a rear wheel drive car, but there are so many good cars that are FWD.

Mac is back up, BTW. Doing the updates on the end of a wire instead of Wi-Fi.