[nikonf4] Bunky's "Umbrella"

  • From: MomMamiya7@xxxxxxx
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 21:54:34 EDT

Hi Eric, sent this to the F4 address last evening ... Today's update  is at
the end.

Hi all,

It's been one hell of a week, the brightest moments being when we got to
meet Mark's parents (what great people!), and then see Eric on Wednesday
night  for dinner.  The time went by all too quickly, but even a quick  visit
was better than none.

10/25 Mon AM ... Bunky's Internist

10/26 Tues AM ... Bunky's Neurosurgeon

10/28 Thurs AM ... Bunky had a venous ultrasound, and then met with the
Vascular Surgeon
............................IVC Filter to be installed tomorrow  morning,
11/01
............................We have to be at the hospital at 6:30 AM.

10/28 Thurs PM ... I had a Nuclear Stress Test ... think I passed.

10/29 Fri. AM ... Bunky's Cardiologist ... cleared Bunky for both the
Filter and Back Surgery.

10/29 Fri. PM ... Neurosurgeon scheduled back surgery for Wednesday,
November 10.

Everything is now in place and moving forward.

I'm off to bed ... the alarm is set for 5:30 AM ... a time when I'd rather
be going to bed than getting up.

The procedure tomorrow is a short one, so hopefully we'll be home by
mid-afternoon.  Please keep Bunky in your prayers.

Hugs to all,

Rita

11/1/2010 UPDATE

When we checked in at the hospital this AM, the clerk asked Bunky  if he
knew the reason he was there and he said, "I'm getting an umbrella."   I
smiled and said, "Filter," and the clerk said, "Umbrella will do. "  So,  Bunky
got his umbrella, and all went well.  Now, November 11th can't  get here soon
enough for me ... I'll be so happy when Bunky is finally free from  the
back pain.  It's been going on far too long.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers.