[nerdleague] Re: Travis got his ass beat :O

Ouch.  Need a ninja?  This shit wouln't happen with a body gaurd armed with a
katana.  Just sayin ;)

I'm terribly sorry that happened.  There's no excuse for that kind of violence.
 And I hate to break it you bros, but the marine corp training allows a
possiblility for this kind of side effect.  nothing personal, as my brothers
and pops are in the service, and I very nearly was.  There is always a necesity
for this breed of fighter, and there is honor to their sacrifice.   but its
important to note the severity of thier training.  If you want to build an
effective and loyal troupe, you do so secluding them from the rest of society
-- this detaches them from the mores of the populace, and instils elitism.  the
way a marine uses this attitude is up to the individual.

"There is no action without an equal and opposite reaction."

The situation with Travis will have its repercussions, but realize that there
is a responsibility in the individual as well as the system.  A proper teacher
teaches you restainst as she teaches you your first punch.  A proper student
questions the power that is handed to her.  full circle, full balance --
achieved only by intentional, thoughtful action.  A true warrior will think for
himself -- not make his leaders words his own.

I'm off my soap box now.  At ease, boys.
i’m is proud to present Cause Effect, a series about real people making a
difference.
http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/MTV/?source=text_Cause_Effect===========================================================PLEASE
 REMEMBER DO NOT POST PERSON INFORMATION, we are being watched!
No credit card info, fone numbers, addresses, email info, usernames,
passwords.. etc. IF you dont want the world to know, dont post it.
*Online, searchable archives of the list are available at
http://www.freelists.org/archives/nerdleague
*For more info, see http://www.kogakoalition.org/ for links
to all user sites, rpg pages and general chaos.