[neact] Re: articles for NEACT Journal

  • From: "Judith Kelley" <judith.kelley2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <neact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:28:36 -0400

Thank you, Dave, for your thoughts and prayers.  I have you and

Cathy on my list, too.

With Philip it's lung cancer that can be treated but not cured, with

the reason for periodic treatment to give him some time.

The first round of treatment came to an end about 2 weeks ago and

seems to have shrunk the tumor a fair amount, but all the radiation and

chemo have left him VERY weak.

He's started a 2 month hiatus in the treatment,

so he can enjoy a bit of life, but we are wondering how much of

it will go by/disappear before he gains enough strength to be able

to breathe and walk and do stuff.

The original prediction was all this intermittent treatment/no

treatment would give him a year and a half, maybe two.  I stick close

to home because he is so weak and usually only do things that I can

get home from fairly quickly.

I hope each of us - you, Cathy, Phil and I - can live, really live.

.Judith