[neact] Re: You are invited to the NEACT Meeting in January

  • From: Jerusha Vogel <jj@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: neact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 13:47:57 -0500

Hey Kathy,

You are thinking along the same lines as me.  I have put together a pdf
advertising the meeting that I plan to send to all NEACT members in RI
asking them to forward to colleges who may be interested.

Also, I have trying to get Steve to update the web, but he says he is too
busy so I'm hoping that Ken will do it tonight.

Jerusha

Tuesday, January 12, 2010
LaSalle Academy, Providence, RI
4 to 6 PM

                                                        Chemistry, Art, and
History

                                        Tired of introducing the
electromagnetic spectrum
by reciting ROYGBIV?
Wish you could bring more practical applications of chemistry into the
classroom while still teaching the basics?  Interested in art and forgeries
and some of the chemistry involved in each?  Then this is the division
meeting for you!  We will explore the web site : www.webexhibits.org
<http://www.webexhibits.org>  as we analyze, using X-ray and IR, the changes
a painting underwent over time, use scientific reasoning to determine if an
ancient map is a forgery, and bring home sample worksheets you can use with
your classes from conceptual chemistry through honors on topics of the
electromagnetic spectrum, nuclear chemistry, and chromatography.
Add to that- yummy snacks, good conversation, professional development
credit and maybe even a BINGO game thrown in to boot.  ALL FOR FREE!!

Massachusetts: 3 PDP    Connecticut:  .3 CEU                    Rhode
Island:  .2 PDC

Note:   If Providence schools are cancelled or released early, this event
will be cancelled.

Directions to LaSalle Academy

515th Meeting  Tuesday  Jan 12, 2010, 4:00 - 6:00 pm
Chemistry, Art, and History
LaSalle Academy, 612 Academy Avenue,  Science Bldg  Providence, Rhode Island

Directions:  Take Route 95 to exit 23, Charles St. toward RI 146N.  Take
slight right onto Charles St, RI 246N.  Turn left onto Admiral St.  Turn
left onto Whipple St.  Turn right onto Douglas Ave., RI 7.  Turn left onto
Eaton St., then left onto Academy Ave.  612 Academy Ave. is on the right.
RSVP: Kathy Siok  kathys5@xxxxxxx <mailto:kathys5@xxxxxxx>  401-885-1608

        Help with the system may be obtained at
//www.freelists.org/help
        Archived messages may be accessed at
//www.freelists.org/archives/neact
        "Digest" mode: Subscribers may set a flag to this effect, whereby
all messages during a given
day will arrive at the end of the day as one email message.   Please see the
Freelists.org help files,
or log on to the web portal for instructions.
        "Vacation" flag: It is also possible to set this option, which will
cause messages to not be
delivered for the length of time that you specify.  Here too, please see the
Freelists.org help files,
or log on to the web portal for instructions.
        Moderator: The moderator of this list is Steve Stepenuck, whose
contact information is on the
NEACT website at http://www.neact.org/list_service.  Please contact him if
you encounter any problems
subscribing to or using this list.  Thank you.