[neact] Re: Writing for the Journal

  • From: Tony and Kristen VanderVeen-Midey <vvmidey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: neact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 20:22:11 -0400

I wrote a cooperative learning lesson, using expert groups, in which the students work out for themselves the rules for significant figures and teach their classmates! It works really well (I'd be happy to write it up in more detail, if you like)!

Kristen VanderVeen
Chemistry Teacher
The Bromfield School
Harvard, MA 01451
978.456.4152 x 265

At 01:42 PM 4/21/2008, you wrote:
Would be thrilled if each of you currently teaching or still
in possession of your teaching files would e-mail me just one
of favorite chemistry teaching idea you've created or
modified.  It will appear in upcoming Journal!

Judith Kelley
Editor,
NEACT Journal

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * To post a message to the NEACT list, send an email to neact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe, send an email message to neact-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with ?unsubscribe? [without the quotes] in the subject field. You may also unsubscribe via the web interface. Help with the system may be obtained at //www.freelists.org/help Archived messages may be accessed at //www.freelists.org/archives/neact ?Digest? mode: Subscribers may set a flag to this effect, whereby all messages during a given day will arrive at the end of the day as one email message. Please see the Freelists.org help files, or log on to the web portal for instructions. ?Vacation? flag: It is also possible to set this option, which will cause messages to not be delivered for the length of time that you specify. Here too, please see the Freelists.org help files, or log on to the web portal for instructions. Moderator: The moderator of this list is Steve Stepenuck, whose contact information is on the NEACT website at http://www.neact.org/ Please contact him if you encounter any problems subscribing to or using this list. Thank you.