[neact] Re: Fwd: Call for ECO Interns: research/marketing/theater

  • From: "Doris I. Lewis" <dlewis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <neact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:55:42 -0400

Hi Marilyn,

Here's an unusual internship offer (that I wish I could do myself!)..

Doris

Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 22:11:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: ECOantenna <ecoantenna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: kwbrody@xxxxxxx

Sent by: ANTENNA Theater
 <http://antennatheater.pmailus.com/pmailweb/f?cide=AQZPEWpoQAwVZ5RmRQ>
Reply to the sender
<http://antennatheater.pmailus.com/pmailweb/raf?ide=AYCYvsADjHSn33S7ms5d
OJ2My4e5>

<http://images.patronmail.com/pmailemailimages/1505/120564/header_1.jpg>

Call for
<http://antennatheater.pmailus.com/pmailweb/ct?d=E9K59wB4AAEAAADUAAHW9A>
ECO
<http://antennatheater.pmailus.com/pmailweb/ct?d=E9K59wB4AAEAAAFPAAHW9A>
logical Interns

ANTENNA of Sausalito, California, is interviewing for three unpaid
intern positions for summer 2008.  In exchange, Antenna offers free
housing in a stunning national park setting, only ten minutes from San
Francisco.

Two interns will work with Artistic Director, Chris Hardman, on The
ECOlogical Calendar for 2010.  This will be the sixth edition to be
published and distributed internationally.  View this beautiful and
educational project by
<http://antennatheater.pmailus.com/pmailweb/ct?d=E9K59wB7AAEAAALiAAHW9A>
clicking here and visiting our website.

The theater intern will focus primarily on Antenna's artistic
performance history and assist Hardman with interpretation projects.
Each intern needs a passion for the arts and the environment, effective
writing and clear communication skills, plus proficiency in standard
computer software (Word, Excel, and internet research).

ECOlogical Research Intern:
Research content, select, write, edit text and data for The ECOlogical
Calendar's wall calendar (four seasonal panels) and annual engagement
book.  A great fascination with our environment and the natural world is
a must.

ECOlogical Communications Intern:
Assist development of longterm business plans and research marketing for
The ECOlogical Project, communicate with partner organizations, prepare
data and analysis to support mission.  Attention to detail, careful
follow-through, the ability to juggle multiple projects and contacts at
various stages, and an articulate phone manner are important.

Theater-Archive Intern:
Coordinate archive project, research history of Antenna as a pioneer in
arts technology, conduct interviews, and develop an interpretive
narrative through an immersive audio soundtrack.  Interest in
experimental theater and the creative process, capacity to organize and
prioritize, plus networking talents as a liaison with other non-profits
will aid the exploration of new productions leading up to the 30th
anniversary of Antenna Theater.

Time Commitment:
We are looking for three college interns for this summer session (June
through September 2008), who can each work approximately 30 hours a week
for eight to twelve weeks.  We are flexible as to the exact dates of
every internship, and they may start individually during the season.

The Perks:
Location!  Antenna will provide a furnished house with three private
bedrooms in the
<http://antennatheater.pmailus.com/pmailweb/ct?d=E9K59wB7AAEAAA8pAAHW9A>
Marin Headlands, just a ten minute drive to downtown Sausalito and San
Francisco.  This national park land is part of the
<http://antennatheater.pmailus.com/pmailweb/ct?d=E9K59wB7AAEAABCKAAHW9A>
Golden Gate National Recreation Area, and is bike and surfer friendly.
The offices and studio of Antenna Theater are also located within the
Headlands and overlook the Pacific Ocean at Fort Cronkhite.  Credit?  If
your college or university permits credit for internships, Antenna will
apply for your school's approval.

About Antenna:
We are a non-profit arts organization, which, in addition to producing
<http://antennatheater.pmailus.com/pmailweb/ct?d=E9K59wB7AAEAABN-AAHW9A>
The ECOlogical Calendar, creates site-specific theater adventures.  We
have a full time staff of four to six people.  Our new interactive
exhibition, called Transforming Art, is currently running at the
Presidio of San Francisco.  Open to the public, this multi-media
experience has just been extended to June 15, 2008.
<http://antennatheater.pmailus.com/pmailweb/ct?d=E9K59wB7AAEAABW2AAHW9A>
Click here for details on Transforming Art.

How to Apply:
Email your resume, a statement about why one of these internships would
be an excellent opportunity for you, and two academic references to
<mailto:arose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> arose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Applications will be accepted through May 9, 2008, and we will interview
top candidates as applications are received.  So email now to join our
team!

Feel free to forward this announcement.
Thank you!

<http://antennatheater.pmailus.com/pmailweb/ct?d=E9K59wJzAAH-----AAHW9A>
images.patronmail/1BF2D63D.jpg

ANTENNA Theater, PO Box 939, Sausalito, CA 94966-0939

This e-mail was sent from ANTENNA Theater

Immediate removal with PatronMailR

<http://antennatheater.pmailus.com/pmailweb/uss?ide=AYCYvsADjHSn33S7ms5d
OJ2My4e5> SecureUnsubscribe.

<http://www.patronmail.com> images.patronmail/3F3ED5E3.gif

To forward this e-mail to a friend or colleague, use
<http://antennatheater.pmailus.com/pmailweb/raf?ide=AYCYvsADjHSn33S7ms5d
OJ2My4e5>  this link.
To change your e-mail address or update preferences, use
<http://antennatheater.pmailus.com/pmailweb/setup?pide=AZWSDlT9WYOqdBfpW
OGap8UA0d4O>  this link.

<http://antennatheater.pmailus.com/pmailweb/Impression?eide=AYCYvsADjHSn
33S7ms5dOJ2My4e5>