[USS Vanguard] Re: When the Smoke Clears (3).

  • From: Alexander Keenan <alexander.keenan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 17:41:35 +0000 (GMT)

Lt.Sam McCaw
Event Horizon
After When the Smoke Clears

<snip>

"Give him some 'Irn Bru'." Kieran said, settling next to Cynan on the sto
ol. The cane, thankfully, was now gone, but the leg was still stiff and p
ainful - no doubt the hour of Tai Chi that morning had gone a long way to=
wards that.

"If it doesn't wake up a few synapses it'll certainly kick your taste bud
s back into action. Early Earth Information Revolution drink," he explain
ed, "went out of production in the early days of the wars of the early 21
st century." With a slight grin and a shrug, he turned to Des.

"Just a glass of milk, please."

</snip>

Sam appeared beside Cynan and put a friemd arm around his shoulder at he stared
doubtfully at the luminously orange drink in front of him.

"Cheer up mate it's brewed in Scotland from Girrrrders"

Kieran laughed out loud, "What does that mean?"

Pulling up a stool Sam gave a cheerful shrug "I have absolutely no idea."

Des held her hands up, "How do you shrug so well?"

"Years of dedication to ignorance. I hope you dont mid me interrupting, but I
haven't given up so a glass of Laphroaig if you please."