[USS Vanguard] Leopard's can't change their spots, but who said anything about Trills?

Counselor Jaav E'thexx
Sickbay
After: Mel's last post.

Jaav sat bluntly on the bio bed.  the pained expression on his face made it
quite obvious that something was to blame for his fould mood.  Xristha tilted
his head to one side moving the dermal regenerator over his face.  Jaav
flinched away, sighing heavily with annoyance, Xristha moved back in protest.

Droin:  Will you sit still Jaav!  I'd heard Doctors made bad patients but they
ought to expand the saying to include Psychologists!

Jaav swung his head round to face Xristha, yet another sour expression made it
quite clear he was not impressed by her attempt at humour.

E'thexx:  This hasn't happened since I was seven!

There was a brief pause before Xristha looked Jaav straight on, an ever
widening grin appeared across her face.

Droin:  Well...If you've had this reaction before it really is your own fault
that you've let it happen again.

Jaav's Trill spots, no longer their usual dark brown/black colour, were a
fierce, bright red accompanied with an orange rash extending over all his
exposed skin.

Droin:  It's a well know fact that 80% of all Trill are allergic to Risan
strawberries, besides, you look good in orange, you have a sort of healthy glow!

Xristha began to giggle, but stopped abruptly as Jaav shot her a frown worthy
of use in a poker game with William Riker.  Xristha lifted Jaav's arm and
gently shot him with a hypospray containing an anti-allergenic.

Droin:  That's it,  that's the best I can do.  The Immuzine should stop the
reaction and the regenerator should have soothed the itching a little...The
rash will be present for about another 48 hours though.

Jaav stood, straightening his uniform and rubbing his neck.  He sighed once
more.  Xristha returned her instruments to the equiptment tray.

Droin:  Come on Counselor.  We're already late!

The two officers exited Sickbay and headed for the ceremony.  A turbolift ride
and several minutes of stiffled giggling (on Xristha's part) later, the pair
arrived in the Event Horizon.  The expression on Santos's face when he saw his
ship's counselor was worth a Ferengi's small fortune.  Jaav decided that it
might be an idea to acquire an alcoholic beverage to loosen him up a little.
Almost as if someone had caught on to his need for something a little more
potent than Droin's anti-allergenic, a new, smiling face swept in front of
Jaav.  After a few moments Jaav recognised the new face as Desdemona, the
"guest" the Vanguard had acquired in a somewhat unusual fashion.  She wore an
elegant, sparkling, thin-strapped frock and had a very distinct charisma about
her.  It seemed that even her pace exuded positivity as she moved over to Jaav.
 She greeted the Counselor, and went on alarmingly about how sorry she was that
the pair had not met earlier.  She was in full flight, conveying her love of
traditional Trill poetry when she stopped, abruptly, and stared...

Des:  Risan strawberries right?

E'thexx:  How did you guess?

Des:  Well let's just say, after you've served your Trill house guests a
delicious batch of hot, buttered Risan strawberry muffins, you tend not to
forget the colour they turn while licking their lips!

For the first time that evening Jaav was genuinely amused.  Des had a certain
air about her, an air which was most welcome at the very least.  She offered
Jaav the last glass of white wine on her serving tray, then left, mentioning
something about keeping everything in check.

Jaav sat down in one of the lounge's padded chairs and placed his wine glass on
the table in front of him.  He grinned to himself, feeling a little happier
about the course of the day...

OOC:
Been a while everybody, welcome aboard to Jayne and Steve.  I hope this gets me
back in the swing of things :-)