From: J. Merrill Lynch <jmerrilllynch@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:52 AM
Subject: [ncsc-moths] Watauga County Moths--27 September 2011

Another mild night (overnight temps staying in the 60's) and another exciting
one for moths.  I had two Large Tolypes along with a host of other species
(probably around 40 species total) including 2 FOY and 1 lifer.  Unfortunately
for me, my 160W MV light bulb decided to die and I had to replace it with an
extra 15W UV fluorescent light.  Didn't seem to have much impact on number of
moths though even though the 15W is obviously much dimmer than the MV bulb.

6797 Ennomos magnaria (Maple Spanworm Moth)--FOY--beautiful fresh specimen
8574 Anticarsia gemmatalis (Velvetbean Caterpillar Moth)--FOY
9473 Papaipema impecuniosa (Aster Borer)--LIFER--My 12th species of Papaipema
for Echo Valley--larval host plant is aster and sneezeweed (Helenium)

--
J. Merrill Lynch
Echo Valley Farm